Thursday, August 25, 2011

Are you still my Friend?


This is my second post today...but it's past midnight so i guess it counts as the next day...

I just had to post this...

I have this friend or used to have this friend...i don't know anymore actually..
Ever since she finished her form 6 and went to Sunway to study, she never contacted me or any of our gang of friends anymore. I've known her since year 2 in primary school until now. That's like...since 8 years old to 21 years old... 13 years !!! 13 bloody years !!! Whenever my friends and i make an outing, she gives the same excuses; 'I have an exam this week', 'I have assignments', 'I have to help my mum clean the house', 'I got no money' and whatsoever... We also have exams, we also have assignments, i sometimes...ok, rarely help clean up the house, we don't have to spend money to hangout but we still find time to see each other and she doesn't even bother...

Once we made a BBQ party at another friend's house and decided to bring some food over to her house, (she stays very nearby) we called first but she kept declining. We still went though... When we walked up the bloody hill to her house, she didn't even come out to greet us but sent her mum instead. Her mum said she was sick... Well~ i guess she forgot to mention that ON THE PHONE !!!

21st birthdays are a big deal so a friend had a party at her house. And like the good friend the birthday girl was she invited everyone including that friend, days or weeks before the party. That friend didn't bother to say she can't make it until the very last minute and what's worse was she told a different friend before telling the birthday girl.

Most of the time i wonder is it because she moved to a big new house, got big new car and studying in Sunway now where all the _____________ (I'll leave the space blank for your imagination) study at. It's sad you know. I'm actually sad she's not talking to me or any of us. What the hell !!! Yes I'm irritated and Yes I'm hurt !!! 13 damn years !!! Sure i have other friends whom I've also known for 13-14 years and lost contact but it's different because we started to have different goals, interests, and whatever. I stopped contacting them the same time they stopped contacting me. But this friend i've always had something to talk about with. But then she just stopped out of nowhere as if trying to forget us.

So now whenever my friends wanna go out and asks whether wanna ask that friend, I snap back saying 'why bother, I bet she'll use the same excuses or won't answer or reply your messages'. I've given up on her. If she wanna forget all about us then so be it. The feeling I'm having typing this post right now is very very very moody and bad.....13 years and just like that forgotten.

3 comments:

Mei G. said...

Well, I think she wants to erase everything from her past. There are people like that. That include me as well. But for my case, it is totally different than your friend I guess. Your case is like 13 years of friendship and forgotten just like that. Its like keeping a pet dog and it died. Poof.. gone.. And never to be seen and heard. I guess that is what you're feeling right now.

Well, to tell you a case which is kind of similar with yours. I've got a friend.. A guy.. Who have a gang of his friends in highschool.. they knew each other for like 4-5 years I guess. But after they graduated, and all studied in different college... his gang ajak him out he always gave excuses and all. Well, we can guess why. He have another gang of friends from where he is studying and don't bother to go out for gathering and all with his highschool friends because there are no topic to talk to with his old friends. He find it a pain to attend such an event. Something like my case I guess. But for me, I changes schools lots of time so my bond with friends is not that lasting. I've only got one or two true friends which is more than enough for me.

Well, you are lucky to still kept in touch and have gathering with your primary and high school friends. Mine is either passed away due to leukemia, migrated, and totally lost contact. And most of them I don't remember their faces and names anymore. Its sad you know.

So appreciate the friends which is on your side right here, right now! Treasure the moment you have with them.

And omfg I wrote alot here. Im sure there are alot of grammar mistakes here because I type out whatever is on my mind.

Unknown said...

meigie...im sorry i laughed at your comment in your 3rd paragraph...didnt expect that...XD but thanks for reading my stupid boring blab i did in the middle of the night

Mei G. said...

You are welcome~ I enjoy reading your blog post. :)