Sunday, December 11, 2011

Talent is Never Enough


I have just started this book called 'Talent is Never Enough' by John C. Maxwell - Yes, I read. It was an early Christmas gift I received from my university. Frankly it was for the 1st year scholars of 2011 but there were extras so me and another friend helped ourselves to one.

It's been awhile since I've picked up a non-comical, fictional, or whatever book.

I just went through the introduction and i kinda like it - Omg I've never liked a non-comical, fictional or whatever book!

This is my understanding of the introduction;
Everyone has a talent. Some are just naturally gifted and some work hard to obtain it. Having a talent alone will NOT guarantee you success in life. A lot must be done before anyone can truly be successful because having a talent is just the beginning. John C. Maxwell points out that everyone can be a talent-plus person. A talent-plus person simply means someone who has a talent and makes the right choices in life will succeed. What's the use of having a talent no one has but make all the wrong choices?



"The key choices you make - apart from the natural talent you already have - will set you apart from others who have talent alone."


I don't know whose quote is that because it wasn't stated in the book. But not bad right? I'm reading something good for once. I have 13 more chapters to go and I'm gonna finish this book! For real this time! No halfway or quarter-way or no-way! It's All-The-Way!

No comments: