Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Strangers in Time

When i was in kindergarten, i don't remember keeping in touch with any of my friends. In fact i don't remember who were my friends because it was kindergarten. We were big toddlers who didn't give a shit about what we were doing. We play with whoever who wants to play, eat with whoever wants to eat and sit with whoever has an empty chair beside them.

Then when i was in primary school for six years, i still didn't bother to keep in touch with my friends. Although we wrote each other "Friends Forever" in those contact diaries. It's just words. 80% of my primary schoolmate went to the same high school as me. My primary and high school were next to each other. 

Then it was high school. This was when i started to appreciate my friends more because after high school we were gonna go our separate ways. I had a few groups of friends so i categorized them. Don't judge me for putting a tag on my friends ok!

There was the Main Gang, the Smart Gang, the Naughty Gang, the Weird Gang and the Quiet Gang. I seriously had these 'gangs'. My Main Gang was never permanent. I tended to switch to other gangs from time to time. I thought we were gonna stay in contact even after we graduate but distance and time kinda made us forget.

Now i spend more time with my collage friends than my old school friends. One is because we all have new friends we met in college/university. Two is because even if we meet up there is nothing to talk about other than the past. We become estrange from each other. I'm afraid i might loose contact with my university friends as well after we graduate and start working.

Sometimes i see an old friend when i'm outside. But some sort of instinct makes me wanna avoid that friend and pretend i didn't see him or her.

No comments: