Friday, October 29, 2010

Internship

This has been a very tiring week.
And it's gonna continue for the next 40-45 days.

I'm doing my first internship now.
It's an event company in Kota Damansara.
One week ago, i was minding my own business thinking about plans before November starts.

When should me and my friends go up to Genting? 
Which hotel should we stay in, should we stay for 2D1N OR 3D2N?
Do we wanna buy cup noodles and eat outside just to see the steam from the noodles?

OR

Should we go to Broga Hill and Genting next time?
How the hell are we gonna get there?
Wanna go eat dimsum after that?

All was good until i received a phone call from an unknown number.

It was 20-10-10.
"Hello may I speak to Carina? Im calling about your internship and i have a job offer for you. Can you go to Kota Damansara tomorrow at 10.30am for the interview?"
More was said but this is what i remembered.
I didn't know what to say and just said "OK" and when i hung up i finally thought, 
"Where the fuck is Kota Damansara?"

21-10-10
The next day, I carpooled with three more friends of mine who luckily for me got the same job offer. 
We got lost on the way. Damn Damansara roads. We got there on time and went in together.The interviewer was a quiet but pushy lady.
"Can you all start work tomorrow? Can you call more friends to work here?"
All four of us didn't really had a chance to think it through and we gave in and said OK.
We went home and i rushed to go buy formal clothes~

22-10-10
We sat in the Federal Highway jam for over an hour.
We reached the office and got separated to different departments.
My department was supposed to be the busies because they were in the mist of preparation of their event. But all i did for the past week were just petty but troublesome little jobs. 

I didn't like my department at first but after a week there i think i can make it through for 2 months. They were really in need for low paid interns to do their troublesome work.We could have start in November 1st but then we'll finish at Dec 31st. We didn't wanna spend Christmas working. So we started on the 22nd October and will end on the 22nd or 24th Dec. 

And me and my friends have already plan what to do. On our last day of work, we're going to eat a Japanese buffet and celebrate our 1st Christmas together since Genting didn't make it. Damn we got so excited after planning all of this and our internship had only just started. 

No comments: