Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My First Bon Odori~


I'm not exactly a very out-going type of person.
Whenever i feel that it's troublesome I'd just come up with an excuse to not go.
But last Saturday was actually the first of many lazy days that i was determine to go out.

Why?
Because it is the 34th Bon Odori festival in Shah Alam.
Organized by:
The Japan Club of Kuala Lumpur
The Japanese School of Kuala Lumpur
The Embassy of Japan

I found out about the festival last year but didn't get the chance to go and so i was keen on going this year and i did and it was a blast. I went with my uni friends and met with my high school friends on the way. We all didn't really know how to get there. I only knew the way till Subang Jaya and the rest was up to luck. We got there at 5pm and it was already packing up with people.  Cars parked up the curb on both sides and in between the roads, in the empty space in the round-about, on the side of the highways and practically anywhere which could fit a car.

It was hectic, crazy, messed up and over crowed but worth it.

The Panasonic Sports Complex was literally packed with maybe over a million people from Japanese to Chinese to Malays to Indians and many more races. A lot of them were wearing Kimonos, Yukatas, and other traditional Japanese wear. The little Japanese kids were so cute in theirs clothings that me and my friend couldn't resist to snap pictures of them. 

It was seriously more packed that this.
This is like just the mouth of it~

 This is the stage for the Drum Performance and various Traditional Dances.
 My friend said the main drummer was so handsome and his biceps were flexing every time he drummed. 
LOL

Japanese girls and family in their respective Kimonos and Yukatas. 
This two little kids in blue and pink with their mom is so cute.
(More pictures in my Facebook)

The little boy in the 2nd picture was so so so so CUTE !!!
I wanted to take pictures of the performance but then i saw him looking at me~
Aww~ i so wanted to carry him~
I miss my cousin Kimi boy !!!

This is Udon.
There are a lot a lot more stalls there.
One stretch of the field was packed with stalls selling Japanese food and all were run by the Japanese community. It was a good exposure for us. It enables us to try new original stuffs and not localized stuffs.

The traditional Japanese ice shaving was a big hit. Everyone was Q-ing up to buy it. Then there were Japanese ice creams, grilled squids, rice balls, the family up there are eating "Unagi Bentos" they bought and Sushi King and Sakae Sushi was there and many more which i didn't get the chance to see.

My friends and I bought those food up there and they weren't cheap.
One bowl of Udon cost RM7, Yakisoba RM7, Takoyaki RM8.

But it was yummy~
Taste different from out local food but yummy~



It was a fun experience and i definitely will return for the next Bon Odori (35th)


No comments: