Monday, November 29, 2010

I Missed My Office Girl Days


It's day 36 working in Protemp Exhibition Sdn Bhd and i'm almost at my limit.
Thank goodness it's only for two months.

I've been having really bad headaches for the past few days because i've been sitting at my table for the whole pass few days staring at my computer screen and making calls to almost 300 local companies doing telemarketing. And i'm only half way done.

I miss being an office girl doing filing, photostatting, recycling papers, and mailing. The photostat machine really is fun to use even though it likes to get jammed sometimes. Filing is tiring because you've got this fat file full of documents in it and you gotta carefully go through it to find the right section without dropping and messing up all the papers. Recycling paper is usually just taking used one sided papers and slashing the used side with a pen so that the blank side can be reused. Mailing was the last office girl job i did. I copy, paste and printed out 80-90 Thank You letters from the company's database to be mailed out to the clients for participating in our event. First i had to print them out onto a letterhead paper. Then hand them over to my manager to sign. Then take them back to photostat a copy for each of the letters. File up the photocopy letter into the files then insert the originals into envelopes. Then i had to weight the letter to know how much it weight so that i know how much stamps i must stick on it.

It's sounds long and boring but it beats staring at the computer screen for 7-8 hours making phone calls to people who some sounds like they just woke up from bed.

25 more days till December 24th 2010. 
Then me and my friends are gonna celebrate Christmas and the end of our 1st internship together at Shabu One in Lot 10, KL. Can't wait for shabu-shabu. 

 
Bring your student ID on weekdays and you only pay 19.90 per person.
Apply for a member's card and you pay 25 something per person.
No ID or member's card then bring lots of cash.
But on Sundays Shabu One sets a net price of 24 per person.
That's what i heard.

If you love steamboat then you'll love shabu shabu.

No comments: