Thursday, September 10, 2009

Getting Smack by Reality Hurts...



Reality just smacked me in the ass a few days ago.

After hitting me in the ass it hit me again in the gut.


Why?


Because reality plastered my face with a note telling me to stop dreaming and wake up because I'm reaching my 2nd decade living on earth and I'm kinda useless for not accomplishing anything great or good at least.


Friend A, stopped college to go be a computer teacher in a primary school for experience.
Friend B, is planning to go overseas to continue studying.
Friend C, has talent and is good at it.
Friend D, has not a virgin for a few years already.
Friend E, has a boyfriend and is being all lovey dovey.
Friend F, is so mature and always knows what to do.
Friend G, is being independent.


There's more but~
Friend H, the most surprising of them all,

Is getting Married.

This is the one event that totally smacked the soul out of me while still waking up from slumberland~


I thought my friend was playing a joke on me when i read the SMS he sent to me telling about the big news. But then i thought why would he send such a prank sms like this for? I replied him in all CAPITAL LETTERS asking is it true and hell yes it was because the bride called me the next day wanting to break the news to me when i was in Ampang with some friends.


I was lying in bed trying to comprehend the breaking news, trying to absorb in the information i just received for a whole hour while staring at my room ceiling. But i couldn't because it was to big for me to handle.


My friend is getting married.

MARRIED !!!


She is getting ready to go through matrimony!!!
And this is not an easy thing to swallow.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but it's also not a good thing.

I'm just here blurt out my opinions and concerns about this special event.


I do not believe in early marriage ending with a happy ending and you can thank the media for it for airing so many dramatic TV shows, especially the Hong Kong & Taiwanese dramas. She's still young and is already preparing for a lifetime of commitment.


There can only be TWO reasons for an early marriage which I'm not comfortable stating out...go figure it out yourselves.


Just six years ago i was talking to her about school stuffs, going on the same school trip to the hot springs and caves near Kampar, taking stupid looking pictures and enjoying ourselves together with our other classmates. And now she's making calls inviting people to her wedding dinner.


The very 1st person to branch out from our year and it's scary.
Scary because this says that we're not teenagers anymore.
We're not suppose to fool around like we used to anymore.

We're not suppose to sit around without worries anymore.

We're not suppose to NOT have a burden on our shoulders anymore.


Reality is reality with no reset button.

I'm glad that she found a guy who wants to marry her.

I've just been feeling a bit uneasy lately.

I'm starting to think that i was in shock for a while.

No offense.


Congratulations & may two of them have a strong and stable life together.
And may they set a good example for lazy laid backers like us.


PS: >.<" i'm so not used to this kinda of stuffs.

No comments: